Sunday, August 31, 2008

Let me off now, please (34 weeks, 2 days)

Now that all the anxiety has slowly dissipated between late July and reaching the 34 week mark, I have a strong feeling of wanting to be done. As though I was promoted to my last week of pregnancy at the time I was hospitalized and have remained at that moment, breath held, for all the weeks since. I am trying to remind myself that technically, I'm about halfway through the third trimester, that it would still be better for Helen to stay inside a few more weeks, yadda yadda. But I've been staring at that packed hospital bag for too long. Even since we've been home we've got all of Helen's clothes put away and tiny diapers set out and the cosleeper set up, just in case, but it gives me almost an expectation that she ought to be here soon, when she may not be. I could be waiting until October yet. I could theoretically be waiting until past her due date (Lord have mercy- and I mean that in full seriousness).

I am typically a fairly patient person but this is quite trying!

In other news, we gave George his first time out today, and he thought it was so hilarious that he gave himself another one immediately afterwards. Giggling like a maniac. I think we may not have met the technical, behavioral definition of "punishment" with that tactic. Time will tell.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that darling little boy I was with could need a time out! He is just too sweet. Glad to hear you made it to 34 weeks. We hope to hear Helen has arrived soon for your sake.

Anonymous said...

Yikes... I never even considered the thought that you might actually make it PAST Helen's due date... yikes AGAIN! We will pray that she will be ready to arrive fashionably early! :)

Unknown said...

hehe! what did that little monkey do?! and speaking of monkeys, what became of the monkey puppet- does he still love it more than life itself?

Anonymous said...

I was just going through reading some of your old blogs because I hadn't checked in a while...and I laughed out loud reading about George's time out....so funny!!!

Brytt Sheets