Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This changes everything (31 weeks, 5 days)

Much to my surprise, I have been so stable over the last few weeks that I have officially been downgraded from "strict bedrest" to "just take it easy." Up to this point the doctors had suggested this wouldn't happen for a few more weeks yet but I suppose they are allowed to change their minds. Still waiting on a few labs including the FFN test that gives the two week prediction of labor onset, I should find out for certain tomorrow.

This means I am allowed to be up and about to a limited extent, just no running or lifting or anything too strenuous or effortful. Ergo I can cook but not vacuum! This is perfect!

The docs also mentioned that they would possibly, maybe be okay with me travelling back to Michigan (especially in the case of a negative FFN result)... there is going to be some thought and discussion invested in this idea over the next few days or so...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christine, that is very exciting! We will be praying for wisdom for you in your possible decision to make the trip back here, we miss you guys!
Brad and Megan Brus and boys

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news on your post today! Don't quickly forget the peace you have discovered and take on too much. We will continue to pray for you and your entire family. Gail and Tommy

Anonymous said...

That's so great Chrissy!!
Dawn, Stephen, Esme & Asher... we'll be thinking of you.