Thursday, August 28, 2008

It feels strange to be normal (33 weeks, 6 days)

Today I had my first appointment with my midwife since I have been back. It was a completely usual prenatal checkup. She said that since I am so far along, and have been fairly stable, that she doesn't consider me high risk and will treat me like any normal pregnancy at this point. It was really weird after all the looong doctor appointments and consultations and everything I've been through! She said that if I go into labor before 35 weeks she would try to hold me off, but after 35 weeks she would more or less let me deliver. However she didn't even seem to think it was super likely that I would go that early.

I have all of Helen's clothes in the drawers and most of the baby stuff out- we just have to set up the cosleeper this weekend and we'll be ready. Well, at least I will feel ready- Tim is not so sure- but I am definitely ready to come to the end of this pregnancy! Until then we are trying to enjoy uninterrupted sleep, an especially rare commodity since we only started getting it a few weeks ago and will see it disappear in a few weeks more.

No comments: