My FFN was negative- so I have a 99% chance of not going into labor in the next two weeks. That means I have a really excellent chance of getting to the 34 week mark. Even if Helen came as early as that she would probably be fine and could go home from the hospital with me.
This also means that I am quite likely to head back to Michigan sometime in the near-ish future, while I'm in that 2 week window. We're going to see how I do over the next few days while I look after George on my own. If I can manage without bringing on too many contractions then we will go back to Lansing and be a normal family. (and I will get to work with my lovely midwife again! she is fabulous!)
The best part of being off bedrest so far is being a proper mom again. I so enjoyed getting George dressed and feeding him breakfast this morning, hadn't done any of that in weeks. Those might seem like small things but as a mom it just feels wrong to have someone else taking care of your child's needs all the time.
9 comments:
Christine! What great news!!! I am so happy for you and Tim. We look forward to getting the update that you are back in Michigan safely and of course can't wait to hear about Helen's arrival!
What wonderful news!!! I am happy that you will be able to get back home!!
that's great!!!! :)
We're very happy for you, Chrissy! It will be nice for you to be back home with Tim & George (and your midwife!). :)
Hi Christine,
Dan Goble's mom here. Tim referred me to your blog for updates. You've so much been on my heart and in my prayers. I'm thrilled you can finally go home! Louise
Wow Chrissy! I just read your last three posts!! What wonderful news!!! We have been gladly planning on our next round of visiting/helping next week, but how nice for you it will be if you don't need us!! :) Keep us posted! We love you, and we're praying for you all...
i still don't believe it is true that you can go home! but i am very happy for you!
That is incredible! So even if Helen comes now they are confident that she will be big enough to go home? What an answer to our prayers!
Woo Hoo, Einie! Let's get together at the Flat Top Grill before you leave for home, OK? :) :)
Post a Comment