- By far the strangest thing about bedrest is that the first thing I do when I get up in the morning is to go and lie down again.
- I haven't worn shoes this whole time except for going to doctor's appointments.
- I haven't changed a diaper either, but I can't say I miss that very much.
- I'm so used to lying down that I feel slightly disoriented and dizzy when I do stand up.
- Taking a shower is one of the highlights of my day. I get to actually stand up and do something, it's quite exciting.
- I have this kind of forgetfulness about the bedrest sometimes, when I will think of something I want to do or somewhere I want to go, and then it dawns on me that I won't be able to do something like that for weeks, hopefully. Every time it kind of hits me anew, such as "I won't be baking any cookies til September!" or "I won't be able to browse through Target til the baby comes!" Time has lost all its normal meaning for me.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Thoughts on bedrest (30 weeks, 6 days)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Christine,
Melissa has been keeping me updated every so often about what's going on.
Glad to hear that things seem to be stabilizing. And that little George is sleeping through the night. What a relief, huh? I remember the first time my 22 month old slept through the night! Whew! :)
How is your husband handling all this?
I'll keep praying for you! :)
-Maegen
Hi Chrissy -
Steve and I will be in Madison today to go to Amy's open house - we'll try to stop by to visit with you before we head home. Hope things are going well! :)
Oops, looks like we're not going to be able to come up today afterall - sorry! But we will come up one day this week to see you and Amy's new center!
Post a Comment