Monday, August 4, 2008

Reminder (30 weeks, 3 days)

Ever since the day I was released from the hospital, I have felt completely fine. So fine, that I was starting to feel a bit silly being so ultra careful and lying down all the time and not overdoing it. A bit guilty having other people bring me glasses of water when it didn't really seem like there was anything wrong. It certainly didn't feel like anything terrible would happen if I were to walk to the kitchen and refill my glass myself.

Today I had a whole bunch of contractions. My return-to-hospital guideline is 6 or more in an hour; I had 6 in 63 minutes. Just as I was trying to work out how literal to be and whether that was close enough or not, the contractions slowed down on their own. But it was a good reminder to me of why I am on bedrest. I think I'll take the slightly silly feeling of lying down and being waited on over the slightly panicked feeling of the contractions picking up like that, thank you very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That must have been scary. I'm glad the contractions stopped again. I hope the Hoobee's are behaving - they can be quite rowdy, ya know. :)