Monday, August 25, 2008

home (33 weeks, 3 days)

We made it. Chicago was slightly hair raising, not for traffic as usually is the case, but for some extra strength contractions that had both of us quite jumpy. This little girl likes to scare us, apparently! However we are relieved and thankful to be here, with the 34 week mark just around the corner. After Friday, she can come at will as far as I'm concerned. Of course it would be ideal to go to term (37 weeks) but after weeks of cliff hangers I feel I've been pregnant for an age and am definitely ready to meet my daughter.

My house feels very unfamiliar, having been away so long on top of having just finished major renovations right before I left for Wisconsin. The flowers and plants in the garden are enormous. My life feels quite unfamiliar too- I'm not going to work tomorrow, or at all this week, or indeed for the indefinite future. I view the coming weeks of intense one on one time with a 1 1/2 year old with a mix of enthusiasm and trepidation. It's true that crossing 20 hours of clinical work out of my week has the feel of a nice relaxing vacation, but at the same time I know how I can get by 3 pm on a me&George only kind of day. Time for me to get creative in methods of toddler entertainment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you made it and now you wait. This little girl is making sure we all know she's coming. I can't wait to meet her.
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! I'm so happy that you made if safely home! We'll continue to pray for you all...

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you are home and doing well. Your little girl will have a new little girl friend in January. Kimberly is having a girl too. Pink rules!
Love to all of you!