Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Somewhat easier than I thought

I can't say it enough, how exciting it is to have a baby that sleeps. Helen sleeps for 4 hour stretches at night, so I am only up with her about twice, as opposed to the 5-6 times with George until he was at least 6 months old. I am rested- actually more rested than when I was pregnant- and full of ambition! This morning I did my first solo outing with both kids. We met friends at the play area at the mall so George could do some running and climbing. Even managed a snack at the food court. No meltdowns except minor ones from both kids on the way home, but they both quickly fell asleep. Now I'm having a quick lunch and should have time to clean the kitchen and do some writing on a manuscript before they wake up. Am feeling sort of uber-mom today!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Yeah! I'm glad things are going so well!

Anonymous said...

Go Chrissy!! :) I'm glad you guys are doing well! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

um... can you pass some of that sleep magic my way?!!

Anonymous said...

that last one was by me... dawn