Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A funny thing happened (38 weeks, 5 days)

The teaching interview apparently didn't go so well as I found out shortly thereafter that I was no longer under consideration. That being the third "no" for a teaching type position that I'd gotten in as many weeks, I got all kinds of frustrated and disgusted with the whole thing and decided to try to concentrate on building up my consulting instead.

So naturally yesterday I get a call from a local community college about an application I put in last May for adjunct faculty, they are super interested, they want to do an interview right away about teaching for the spring semester. Hilarious! This is a much better position than the other ones I did not get- it is classroom teaching, not online, which I would prefer. I scheduled an interview for Monday afternoon (4 days before my due date!!!!) with the obvious contingency. Hopefully I can pull together a reasonably dressy outfit from the few remaining clothes that cover my enormous belly. And I was self conscious when interviewing for jobs when we moved here- at a mere 4 1/2 months pregnant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll look just lovely! :)