Thursday, October 2, 2008
Last minute thoughts (38 weeks, 6 days)
George has an awful, awful cold this week. Lately his colds start out innocuous enough but after a day or two turn into full on hacking fits, with coughing so painful he cries, which then makes him cough more, etc. etc. He struggles to breathe and sleep for anyone in the household is limited to non-existent. It goes away quickly enough- usually just 24 hours or so is bad- but is plenty frightening enough while it lasts. We just went through one of those yesterday. I was awake most of last night just out of fear concerning my wheezing, choking son. And it occurred to me somewhere between 2 and 3 a.m. that I am about to *double* my stakes in this game!! Who was it that said to have a child is to forever go about with your heart walking outside your body? Nevermind BASE jumping or mountain climbing, motherhood is what really takes nerves of steel. And on top of that, not to do it once, but repeatedly...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm sad that George is sick... poor guy! We'll pray that he gets well soon.
This is a very sweet post... I can totally relate. My nerves of steel have been tested so many times, but God is faithful through it all!! Being a mama is the BEST!!
Hey -- I just left a comment, but I accidently hit something funny & it posted before I got to write my name... Oh well! :) Love ya! :)
Poor sweet thing! I hope he is better soon. Have you considered he may have allergies/asthma? It's that time of year.
Good luck at your interview! I hope you all get some rest soon!
Laura B
I'll pray that George gets well soon, poor little guy. I agree with you - motherhood does take nerves of steel (and it continues with grandmotherhood!!) but I wouldn't trade it for anything. :)
Laura- we do kind of wonder about asthma, this always seems to happen when he gets a virus! Fortunately he is mostly better now, but we'll ask the doctor the next time we go in.
Post a Comment