Sorry about the delay, our internet was down (AGAIN!). I am pleased to say that I am now full term with this little girl and ready to meet her. After hearing 9 weeks ago that she could be born any day my patience is wearing rather thin. I'm actually having fewer contractions these days than I did a month or so ago.
Therefore I am getting into all those old wives tale methods of getting labor started- I don't really believe it (shoot, the placebo effect won't be working for me here!) but it couldn't hurt and might help. Here's what I've come up with so far: long walks, bumpy car rides, swinging, belly dancing, relaxation, pineapple, spicy food, eggplant parmesan, a full moon (EEP! that's not til Oct 14). A friend told me that she had heard you should eat hostess cupcakes, now that is a method I am more than happy to try! I'm not desperate enough to try the castor oil yet. If you have any to add please let me know. And of course we all know about THAT one but my mom reads this blog so shhh!
7 comments:
try evening primrose oil and please skip the castor oil!!!!!
dawn
Hi Chrissy- Matthew and Ryan were born on a full moon weekend, October 16 1999, only 10 days early. The unit was overfull, the busiest they had in weeks! I hope you don't go over your due date, but I have come to believe in the full moon theory.
I have two friends who went into labor within 24 hours of taking the castor oil; maybe it is too early for that, but keep it in mind! :) I have loved reading your blog; I am so glad you made it to full term!
I have a friend who does the castor oil every time, but I just don't think I can go there. Urgh. Might try the EPO, mostly I am just trying to be patient!
Pitocin. I heard that helps. :) If you're going out of your mind, get induced. Better to be sane, right?
Kristy
Helen has made it abundantly clear that she will come when she's good and ready! I say go ahead and eat the cupcakes while you're waiting. :)
I tried the cupcakes- and the pineapple! Yum, but no results. Perhaps I need a second trial.
Okay - so what is Mom missing???
Post a Comment