Saturday, September 6, 2008

Make up your mind, kiddo (35 weeks, 1 day)

Not long after I put up the last post, contrax kicked back up to every 3 mins and stayed there for two hours. It didn't really feel like labor but I knew I had to go in at that point, so we did. Spent a lovely Friday evening in L&D triage. They found I was not dilating any further and managed to slow the contractions somewhat to every 10 mins. Then sent us home with generic instructions for me to rest and drink lots of fluids. Now for a normal person you have to go in to L&D for preterm contrax every 10 mins but for me at this point I guess we consider that "good enough." Boy it was hard to sleep last night between endless contractions and endless trips to the bathroom- they pushed 3 bags of IV fluids- not a kind thing to do to someone in the advanced stages of pregnancy.

Helen had a long bout of hiccups while I was there, and she was hiccuping right against the fetal heart monitor which was hilarious because it was then broadcasted throughout the room at an INCREDIBLY LOUD volume.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a little excitement to spice up a Friday night, hey?! :) Oh dear! :)

Love ya! Hang in there! :)