Thursday, February 26, 2009

grocery shopping

I took both kids grocery shopping today- the first time I have gone with both kids. I was feeling pretty spiffy, the kids were behaving beautifully, I had an extra cute hair clip in Helen's hair. I had Helen in a sling and George in the cart. I started noticing some weird looks from people staring at Helen. I'm thinking, how rude, how small minded, a sling is a totally normal and functional way to tote a baby around, what do they expect me to do with two kids? Then one old lady just gives Helen this long cold stare as we're going around a corner and I'm about to lose it! Slings are not super common where I live and I'm used to the looks but seriously! Don't give my 4 month old the evil eye!

Then I look down to give Helen a smile to reassure her.. that's when I notice the eNORmous booger sliding down her tiny face. Seriously it was like a garden slug. Oops.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO FUNNY!!!! I laughed right out loud!! :)

Ginger

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Chrissy... you totally gave me good medicine for today -- I laughed sooo hard!! :)

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha!