
This is an picture from a baby shower at work, from late October. Three of us had baby girls in a two week span- here we all are with the girls when they were 2-3 weeks old. Nysha (middle) and Helen actually spent some time together in the hospital nursery, side by side in their bassinets.
I made a new year's resolution about work, which is to try to stop worrying and complaining so much. Sure, I would love to be able to spend more time with the kids and to be less stressed and have fewer things on my plate. But it occurred to me that mine is the problem of a rather blessed person and I ought to focus on what I have and not what I don't have. I have friends who can't have children in the first place, and here I have two lovely healthy kids. I have friends who can't find work or who have lost their jobs, and I got to choose between several options of decently paying, interesting work. I also had several excellent childcare options. I only have to work part time, my hours are completely flexible, and I can do some from home. There are lots of moms who have to work full time, single moms who don't even have a husband around to guarantee the occasional Saturday afternoon nap, moms who have to work demanding second shift positions for barely enough money to cover the mortgage. For now I am trying to appreciate what I have, and that in this horrible economy God has provided a way for our family to afford the things we need.
In fact, my job is one of the few that can get busier as times get tougher. Our office is jammed lately as many people are feeling the stress of these hard times. Ironic, huh.
No comments:
Post a Comment