Saturday, October 22, 2011

where to begin, where to begin

I don't think I'll even attempt a full update. summary of the last two and a half months as follows:

packpackpackpackitypack.

eek, scary mortgage crisis, we might be homeless when we move!
no- it's fine.
no it's not fine! no house for us!!
ok, well, actually it's probably fine.

packpackpack.

successfully rent out unsellable house in Michigan! hooray!

sad farewells. load up truck (FINALLY the packing is DONE!). drive away for a month with family in wisconsin.

early on in the 'relaxing' month of 'vacation' I learn that one of the psychologists at my future practice was asked to resign, and so instead of starting my job in Nov-Dec I need to start something like the day after we arrive in Kansas. commence enormous effort getting necessary paperwork faxed in twelve different directions. climax of my epic, ultimately five month struggle with the licensing board to get my license approved.

Thomas goes on strike from sleeping somewhere in here. for weeks he alternates nights of waking hourly with nights of sleeping til 1 am, then staying awake until 4, going down for a refreshing nap and up for the day at 5:30-6. if it weren't for grandma I would not have come out of this with sanity (marginally) intact.

5 days of driving
4 hours of sleep nightly
3 overtired children
2 tummy bugs
and a partridge in a pear tree.

we moved in on sep 26, and are ever so gradually starting to make this place home. tim and I have started work, the boxes are nearly all unpacked, we're checking out churches and grocery stores. we still live this kind of floating existence where I never know what day it is, or the best way to clean my kitchen, or what aisle has the chicken stock... but I think we'll get there.

2 comments:

Glen said...

Oye, the "fun" of moving! You've done well to have most of your stuff unpacked already. Are the kids getting used to the new place yet? Have fun trick or treating and don't keep all the candy for you and Tim!

Aunt B said...

Oh boy... how well I remember the moving days with small children... You are in my prayers!!

Love you guys... hope things are calming down a bit each day as you get more settled.