Thursday, March 26, 2009

This post brought to you by the color yellow

whoops, haven't updated this thing in a little while... we had a fun visit to Grandma's house recently and I am just now getting all the pictures off the camera.

Here's an update on the kiddos...

George is obsessed with yellow ("lello"). He wants his lello blanket, lello food in a lello bowl, and most importantly his bedtime songs which are amazing grace followed by lello submarine. He has to say hello and byebye to everything. I was a little embarassed when he said "byebye yucky" as we left my friend's house this morning- he had noticed the fireplace had dirt in it. Often he is not sure of the name of the thing he wants to say byebye to, he'll say bye bye... and you can see the little cogs turning in his brain as he tries to figure out what to label it.
George does a trick at Grandma's:



Helen is nearly a lot of things. Can nearly roll over, nearly sit up, nearly has a tooth through (I think and hope)! She wants to eat food very badly and grabs for my plate at meals but she has to wait 2 more weeks to start solids. She has found her toes which are her favorite toy at the moment, and she can say ma-ma-ma. George objects to her talking and says "no babies ma-ma-ma!" Helen has also got a bad case of the 45 minute naps and even wakes most nights after being down 45 minutes which is a second reason the blog has suffered a bit lately. Hopefully she will grow out of it soon.

I'm still happy even though sometimes I don't sleep:



My sweet babies are becoming good friends:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrissy! Good to hear from you...

The kids are soooo cute!! :)

Love ya -- hope you get some rest soon... :)

Anonymous said...

Love reading your posts, Chrissy! I agree, the kids are both just cute as can be! George's sayings are so funny! He reminds me so much of Charlie (who calls me Grammy Icky)! And Helen reminds me a lot of Macie! I suppose it's because they're so close in age (brilliant deduction, eh?!).

Ginger

Leslie said...

They are so cute! We struggled with the 45 minute nap too (as you know) and eventually he just slept longer. I know it can be exhausting!