Wednesday, April 24, 2013

bedtime follies. a drama in three acts. playing every night.

I

The scene opens with four children all tucked in bed for the night.

Helen: but Daddy, why can't I sleep in my princess dress? isn't that how a princess should sleep??

Thomas is out of bed. Tim puts him back in but he won't stay.

Tim: Thomas, you'll have to sleep in your crib if you can't stay in the big boy bed.

Thomas: (hysteria)

Tim: ok, I'll give you grace this time. Back in bed, I'll tuck you in.

Thomas (complying surprisingly quickly): ok daddy, where are my grapes?

Peter: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!


II

Helen: HELP! HELP! HELP!

Tim goes in to find that Thomas has somehow sneaked into the big kids room and wiggled into her bed. Back in his bed he goes.

Thomas: grapes, daddy! I want the grapes! where are the grapes?

George (gets out of bed): Mommy, I have a big problem.

Me: what's that?

George: I need to know the difference between a hotel and a motel.

Peter: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

III

George (gets out of bed): I have another problem!

Me, with a sigh: What is it now?

George: I have an itchy tooth. And I can't scratch it.

Thomas (sadly): grapes? grapes?

Peter: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

4 comments:

Grandma Pat said...

Oh my goodness, I laughed right out loud. Looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

Anonymous said...

Love the posts, your kids are too cute. Hang in there, some day your sleep will come!

Laura

Tahrir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenny said...

I love this!! :)