Thursday, February 21, 2013

conversations

Me: Kids, Janie and her mommy and daddy are coming over tomorrow. Do you remember them? Janie's daddy is a veterinarian.

George: Yes, a veterinarian is someone who sells vegetables.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George: Mommy, I know someone who has TWO daddies!

Me: (silently panicking, attempting to collect myself and prepare for an intense conversation...)

George: Yes, it's Jesus! Because he had God AND Joseph for daddies!

Me: (slow exhale)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helen: Mommy, today at preschool I played with Jameson, and he's a boy, and he's my best friend, and he's a boy, and I want to play with him allllllll the time.

Me: (eek!)

(The preschool teachers confirm that all the girls have a crush on this little boy, but he usually does play with Helen. Then one day he played with another girl and Helen shot dagger eyes at her all morning.)

Not! Ready! For! This!

No comments: