Friday, August 6, 2010

another thing I should mention

I was talking to someone today and realized that some people might be confused as to how Thomas' current problems might relate to the earlier concerns we had with his abnormal ultrasound finding. Actually they are unrelated. Now that he's born it's clear he does not have a genetic problem like Down syndrome nor does he have a bowel obstruction- he pooped out that meconium like a champ. So the ultrasound finding was just a fluke that caused a lot of stress but ultimately didn't mean anything. His current problems are directly the result of his prematurity. The really hopeful part about this is that he doesn't have any kind of chronic condition, if we can just get him past his current breathing problems he will be more or less okay, other than a little more prone to respiratory issues.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear Thomas is showing improvement. Thanks for the updates.

Carla

Anonymous said...

I had been wondering about that- glad to hear he is doing better; we are thinking of you all!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is Laura B!