Friday, May 7, 2010

a sampling of questions I've been asked in the last 24 hours

Why does a balloon go up?
Why does an airplane go up?
Why does fire go up?
Why does steam go up?

Where is the sun at night?
How can I get into outer space?
How does a space shuttle go higher than an airplane?

What is lightning?
What is thunder?

Can you teach me to read all by myself?
Can you teach me spelling?
(I taught him C-A-T. Then he said, no mama, all the words! I said we don't have time, I'm making lunch. To which he replied OK, after my nap. And naturally brought it up as soon as he woke up- "it's time for me to learn spelling!!!")

How does a car drive?
How does electricity work?
How do batteries work?
(Then after an extended discussion about motors, electrical and gasoline-powered, he commented "the food processor is like a tiny car with one wheel." I've said it before and I'll say it again, ENGINEER.)

5 comments:

Pat said...

Future Engineer without a doubt! He'll keep you on your toes with his questions!!

Anonymous said...

Harvard, here he comes! (engineers are pretty great guys, I must say, although I am biased!)
Laura

Leslie said...

Great questions George! So cute! Now I'd like to know how you answered some of these :)

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear some of your answers!! Smart little fellow, that George! :)

Ginger

David said...

Hmm .. great questions :)
Especially that one about getting into outer space! :D

All I can say (tongue firmly in cheek of course is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOtoujYOWw0

Also, the alma mater may find serious competition from MIT. :p