I was inspired by my unintentional vacation last summer to repeat it- minus the threatened pregnancy, of course. The kids and I were in Wisconsin for the first half of this month. There is something really great about having your mom around to pitch in with the kids for a while. I read 7 books in the 10 days I was there and drank coffee while still in my pjs every morning- which is the primary indicator for a good day if you ask me. There are so many pics of all our adventures on our picasa site and mom's and ben and melissa's, but here are some highlights:
butterfly gardens
George learned how to roll out piecrust (pie is a BIG DEAL in my family)
we made not one but two visits to the children's museum.
we took many, many walks both around the neighborhood and in other gorgeous locations around madison.
2 comments:
How nice that you were able to spend some extended time with your mom - and that you got to have pj & coffee time in the mornings! That's the best, isn't it?! George & Helen are so cute and are both growing up so fast - I'm glad we get to see them at least once in a while (oh and you and Tim too)! :)
Ginger
Yeah for the bond between mommies and children (and grandchildren!)
Post a Comment