Wednesday, April 8, 2009

milestones


This has been a banner week!

First of all George woke up one morning a little grumpy. Then he actually asked for "more sleep," and laid his head down and fell back asleep for a little while! Considering his history it is nothing short of a miracle.
George and his monkeys (he always has to sleep exactly like this with mama monkey under one arm and baby monkey in his other hand):



I figured out Helen's 45 minute nap problem, with a fan running in her room for white noise she has no problems taking good naps. But then she starting having all sorts of problems sleeping at night and for a while I thought there was some kind of whack-a-mole theory of sleep where I fix one thing only to have another issue pop up. It all became clear on Tuesday when her first tooth showed up... and then for an encore she rolled over for the first time today! I was pretty relieved about that one, we had been trying to get her to roll over for weeks. I had been expecting a scolding from the doctor at her checkup next week since I hold her a lot (was going to write "too much" but there's no such thing!) and I'm kind of a tummy time slacker.

Baby loves her some drapes:




3 comments:

Aunt B said...

Ooh, I always love to see new pictures of the kiddoes! :) They are both so precious -- I love the picture of George with his monkeys! :) And Miss Helen with those big blue eyes!! Such sweetie-pies...

Leslie said...

She is getting so big! I can't believe George asked for SLEEP! That is a miracle!

Grandma said...

I see an awful lot of you in Helen! Thanks for the pictures and stories. I love how George loves his monkeys!